Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homemade Pretzel Dogs

So, a few weeks ago Matthew and I were over at Wetzels Pretzels in need of a quick lunch before dropping him off at school. We picked up a pretzel dog & lemonade for him, paid our nearly $7, endured the sales girl with attitude and the blasting Eminem in the background only to give me an idea. Why don't I just make my own? It would cost about the same for 2 pretzel dogs at Wetzels, not to mention all the unpleasantness that came along to make about 8 of them at home with ingredients that I control and have a bunch to freeze for later. So, voila, here they are! Easy as can be, fun, cheap to make and way less fattening with Trader Joes turkey dogs plus no nitrates. I also made 6 additional soft pretzels on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment