Friday, September 10, 2010

Homemade Oreos?

I got a new book a while back called "Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It." This is a girl after my own heart with recipes for all sorts of food projects like homemade ricotta cheese, pop tarts, mayonaise, beef jerky, jam, pickles, etc. I love it! So many things to try and this was my first venture into the book. While these cookies look and taste delicious, they are not Oreos! Next time I think I will try some bittersweet chocolate instead of semi-sweet and maybe try a few other tweaks. They are good but I think it may be tough to duplicate the almighty Oreo, chemical additives and all. Who doesn't love an Oreo?

They would have looked a bit more like them if I had a cookie stamp but alas, I don't have one so it was a no go!

No comments:

Post a Comment